Sunday, October 26, 2014

EchoTourism || First ACLE Ever~


Courtesy of Angela Rivera, member of UP EcoTour
Last week added up to my list of stressful hell weeks, due to the intensity of the Economics exam (if you are reading this and you are one of the poor unfortunate souls who took the exam, can I get an Amen???? ). Luckily, the day of the exam fell on ACLE (Alternative Classroom Learning Experience) day. It's kind of like a day filled with random events around the UP Diliman Campus, and most of these events center around learning something that is somehow beyond what subjects or course you are currently taking. I've never tried attending an ACLE before, so I decided to give it a try since I had nothing else better to do. Plus, they were offering free J. Co donuts to the first twenty registrants, so I had to go! 




The speaker for this event was Ivan Henares, who was not just a professor, but also a travel blogger/writer. It was the first time I met him, and I've been dying to know what he's like. So I'm glad that I went and listened to his inspiring lecture. Up till now his words still echo (hahaha, pun not intended) in my head. Basically he was sharing his adventures and experiences and he was also encouraging all of us to try looking beyond our college, By doing this, we have to expand our experiences by also implementing projects that can also benefit other communities that deserve not only recognition, but also other basic needs. His lecture was very fascinating and I learned a lot from him. 

Afterwards, we had a game. It was basically pass the message and our team failed miserably. But I didn't mind because I had a free J.CO donut whilst watching The Lorax! Now that's great way to treat yourself after a very stressful exam... even though the film had some economic-related terms. 



Till the next post~

More from

No comments:

Post a Comment