Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pinto Art Museum: An Art in Antipolo

Filipinos have always been known for being resourceful and creative people. We are blessed to have such wonderful people who are known for their artistic skills. Hence, it’s not really surprising to see a number of sprouting new ways of presenting and innovating our culture of arts in the Philippines setting.

It was then a Saturday morning, 11th of October that I have proved this for myself. Our class decided to have an outdoor class learning activity in a museum somewhere in Antipolo. To say it frankly, I'm not that excited for this trip. Why? Well first, I have been to several museums and I think that I've seen enough because the structures and the atmosphere in all museums are all the same. Second thing is that I have tons of acads and non-acads things piled up to do for the weekend, so for me, going to this trip is just a waste of time.

But I was DEAD WRONG. It just took less than an hour of travel from Katipunan to reach the place. Everything was normal until I saw the entrance to the museum. The first words that came out of my mouth were "Wow, mukha ngang Pinto" ("Wow, it really does look like a door).

(c) Clarence Fuentes
I was already amazed by the place the moment that I stepped beyond the gate. I just found myself looking around the place, noticing every detail in it, but then my wandering eyes stopped as soon as I saw my classmates line-up to pay the entrance fee. Oh crap! The place enchanted me so much that I forgot there's an entrance fee to be paid. For regular visitors, it is 150php, but for us students, it's just 75php. Aw yeah! Thanks to the over-used "student-title", discounts almost everywhere! (just make sure that you'd present your ID).

Okay. Now, my curious eyes started to wander once again. It was really a plus for me to know that the place was a mix of nature and arts. 

(c) Clarence Fuentes


Every spot was full-packed with arts stuff. Every corner has it's own theme. Every angle has it's own story to tell. Everywhere you look, you'll see an art work that you'll surely appreciate. Basically, the whole place was packed with amazing and extraordinary art works that'll surely catch your interest and attention. I can't even imagine a place where every space is used-up efficiently.

(c) Clarence Fuentes
One of the life-sized art works (c) Clarence Fuentes

Some of the paintings hanged on a wall (c) Clarence Fuentes


(c) Clarence Fuentes

Another thing that appeals to me about Pinto Art Museum is that it has a relaxing ambiance suited for the ones who would like to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. It is a perfect haven for those who would want to take a pause in their ever-busy life. In short, it's perfect for students like me! Comfortable seats and couches were scattered all over the place, which was a big AW YEAH for me. I personally like places where you can just sit/lay around and just feel the ambiance of the place. In fact, me and my classmates even considered doing our thesis here.

The place was amazingly architectured and the structures was built along the natural landscape and was structured downhill.

To sum it all up, this museum is amazing! It is different from the typical museums that I've been to. I promise you guys, it was worth my every peso.

PS It was also a really good place for taking photos. #sorrynotsorry














No comments:

Post a Comment