Friday, October 17, 2014

Vinyl on Vinyl || Debut + Reunion

My lovely high school friend, Cosette dela Merced finally turned 18 this year. Up till now, most of us still could not believe that she is of age, due to her childlike wonder. And everything from the ambiance to the theme of the party definitely screamed Cosette. It was also a chance for me to meet some old friends again, which was awesome.




Now, the event took place at Vinyl on Vinyl in Makati City. During this time, it was still located at The Collective, which is also in Makati City. It is basically a museum and art gallery, which makes sense because the debutante and her family are wonderful artists.

 Dress- Esprit
Boots- Unknown
Hair and make up by yours truly :) 


And here is the lovely birthday celebrant, Cosette in the most unique debut dress I've ever seen in most of the debuts I've attended. Yes, she is actually cosplaying (but I don't know who she was cosplaying in particular. She was wearing a black Japanese Uniform, though. Oh and her mother went as Kenshin of Samurai X, unfortunately I wasn't able to snap a photo. I had a lot to catch up with my high school friends).  When her father finally arrived, he brought in the drinks and poured them into these cool glasses that light up when the liquid is present. Talk about drinking in style. 




 I am trying to think of the right party/drinking song to describe this photo. But just think of the greatest party song you know. That was basically the vibe at the time. No worries, nothing happened. The drinks were non-alcoholic and we actually valued the food more than the shots.

And of course, what is a party without a photobooth and a little vanity?  






Photos by Faces and Prints Photobooth 






Photos by my dear friend, Lea Lutero
The vibe of the place was very artsy. Your ears will be filled with jazz and indie music, and if you consider yourself a hipster then The Collective Building should be the place to go. I think the most memorable part of the place was the graffiti art, which is located right outside the gallery. As a lover of art, I was completely mesmerized by the details and colors. So my friends and I couldn't really resist on not having a little photo session outside. 

Overall, it was a great night. It was such a blessing to see some familiar faces again and to have a few drinks. So the night was a grand mixture of nostalgia, fun, colors, jazz, Godzillas (don't ask), and art. I really urge you to pay a visit to a gallery in Vinyl on Vinyl, though. It's perfect if you are into art, video games, vinyl figures, comics, and other geek and fandom  related stuff. Or if you have an artist friend who needs a place for his or her exhibits, then this place is just for them. 

And that is it for my post. Till the next post~


To visit the blogger account of Vinyl on Vinyl, click here
To visit their Facebook Page, click here
Vinyl on Vinyl is currently located at the 2F, Warehouse 2, 2135, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, Philippines
You may also like to visit www.vinyonvinyllgallery.com
or email them at vinylonvinyl@gmail.com

More from Tama-chan



No comments:

Post a Comment