Sunday, November 9, 2014

"Ala eh? Mayroon palang ganire": Exploring my other Home

I am proud to say that my parents' hometown is wonderful. Yes, I have the right to say it now! My parents were both from Anilao, Mabini, Batangas. I also lived there in my father's ancestral house during my childhood years, probably around 3-5 years old. We come to visit Anilao every summer, Christmas and Undas. There was a time I even spent my whole summer vacation there because I have missed the calm and fresh ambiance - "probinsiya vibes." You know what's weird? I haven't roamed around our province that much! Well, Batangas is quite big but what I meant is Anilao. I've been to some beaches before with my family and relatives but just last May of this year, 2014, I discovered what Anilao can offer other than what I already know.


Anilao, Batangas - Mountain and Sea

My girlfriend and I met at the Anilao pier and rode a tricycle to the jump-off point in Philpan dive resort around 5:30 pm. We just had our bags with us and a huge tent because we're gonna have camping overnight!

We failed to take pictures during the trek because it was already dark. We reached the campsite around 8pm and started putting up our tent. Due to the strong winds, it took us almost 2 hours to finally set up the tent. Thank God for other hikers who helped us. We ate dinner - canned goods and bread then tried to sleep. 

We woke up early to be able to reach the summit before sunrise. Our tent survived!

Then, we did a photoshoot at the summit during the sunrise...




I even did some stunts at the summit. Lol.


We arrived back at the jump-off point around 7:30 am and headed to my lola's house. We waited for our friends there and went to a resort in San Jose. I think it is the cheapest because we just paid P50 per head for the entrance fee. We brought food so we ate lunch first then swam till we got tired...of taking pictures. Haha.



.







It was an unforgettable experience from my parents' hometown! I am not implying that I am not having fun when I go the beach with my family and relatives but this trip made me love Anilao more. Will definitely go back with them to explore more!


No comments:

Post a Comment