Tuesday, November 11, 2014


I’ve only been living in Marikina for about a year now and if there’s one thing I love about the place, it’s the vast number of food stores to choose from! Lucky for me I live close to the area known as Marikina’s own version of Maginhawa Street. Not only do the restaurants sell exquisite meals, they also have unique concepts that surely catch the interest of food enthusiasts. I have a whole list of restaurants I have yet to try and one already ticked off the list is called Some Kind of Wonderful or SKOW.
 

They say this restaurant is 80’s inspired, which explains the name Some Kind of Wonderful, a movie in the 80’s, so I’m pretty sure it will capture the interest of people who loved everything about the 80’s-- from the music to the movies. But for someone like me who is not quite a fan of the 80’s, let alone have any idea about it, this resto attracted me because of the very artsy and lively colors I saw as I passed by the area every now and then.

 The restaurant can only accommodate around 25 guests. Due to the well-maintained decorations and convincing ambiance, I was expecting a price range of at least 200 per meal which is usually the rate of the restaurants here in Marikina. I was shocked to find out that you can have a meal worth 120 pesos!

This Carbonara costs 120 pesos and already serves 2-3 people. I was already a bit skeptical about the quality of the dish since I find it very affordable. But wow, the carbonara is really something you should try! It was so good that I ended up ordering another one.






This one is barbecued spareribs. It’s not as fantastic, but it is worth the price plus the potatoes are really good!
Above are some of the other dishes we tried. Overall, Some Kind of Wonderful is a place I’d go back to from time to time. Two thumbs up for selling such affordable yet quality meals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment