Monday, November 24, 2014

The Dining Room



This is no doubt my favorite restaurant in Tagaytay! It reminds me of my grandfather. My mom would often tell us that she used to bring my grandfather there when he was sick and he had a big appetite every time. Well how could you not have a big appetite for their affordable yet mouth-watering dishes? This cafe emerged from the Gourmet Farms-- if you find this familiar, yes, they're the brand of coffee beans you see in supermarkets. They have a lot of organic food on the menu too!


My experience in The Dining Room is filled with many firsts. It was my first time to put arugula to my pizza. I found it weird at first to just put leaves (which I don't even know where they got) on top of my pizza. But boy, once I've had a taste I couldn't stop eating. Even thought of buying arugula for all the pizzas I'd be eating in Manila!

 This is the grilled steak. I'm pretty sure you're thinking that this restaurant has very bad plating... Oh you're wrong! Their mashed potato was just to die for that I already ate almost everything before I remembered that I had to take a picture.
This is my favorite of them all... Baked Salmon. But I think it's because I'm being biased. I have genuine love for anything salmon. 

This one's beef pot roast 
I am a sucker for anything sweet. Speaking of the many firsts... I've only just seen apple pies in cartoons and I've always wanted a taste of it. The closest I got to trying it was Mcdo's apple pie. But The Dining Room gave me this chance to try it out! Look at that caramel and vanilla ice cream. It sure didn't disappoint!
White Chocolate Cheesecake


Well the ambiance is just a plus, but it sure did add to the many reasons why I love the place so much. It has a very elegant feel. White walls with portraits of abstract paintings, a piano to play classical music to calm the mind... And undeniably hospitable servants that just catered to our every request. Now that's something!


No comments:

Post a Comment