Monday, November 17, 2014

Mesclun Bistro: Where Discoveries Await


Trying unique food from unfamiliar restaurants could be a nice hobby. And for me, it's truly exciting! Every visit to a new restaurant makes me want to try more restaurants because of the unexpected experiences offered by different restaurants. Exactly like the Mesclun Bistro, also known as M Bistro in Eastwood Mall, Libis, Quezon City.



M Bistro is just a small restaurant but their food is expensive. I was a bit careful in picking what food to order because I thought that I might regret it and that the food might not be worth the price. But this is not to discourage you. Why? Because I tried some food that I have never heard of before.

I ordered Sisig spaghetti. 

Sisig spaghetti single: P245/ sharing: P365
And honestly,  it's very worth it. It's full of pork sisig and it tastes really good that I ordered it again on my second visit. It made me want to try their other pastas as well.

I also ordered Tenderloin steak with blue cheese. Whenever I see a food item with "blue cheese" on a menu, i have to try it!


Tenderloin steak with blue cheese P795   (U.S Angus tenderloin)

It's expensive but I have no regrets because it tasted really awesome. I'm sure you wouldn't forget its taste easily. Its juicy meat with mashed potatoes and blue cheese is a good match!



I looked for the pizza which has the chef's favorite logo, the Goat cheese pizza! It's because I think that the most expensive pizza in the menu is the best. 


Goat cheese P345  (cream sauce, goat cheese, arugula, walnuts, honey)
And when it came to our table, I wondered why it only had few toppings! But even though it had only a few toppings, the taste was also good, it was my first time to eat a pizza with walnuts and arugula on it.



Everytime I dine in a new restaurant, I always try their fruit shakes and compare it to other restaurants'. I tried M Bistro's strawberry shake, and guess what? I loved it. It's creamy and very refreshing. 


Strawberry shake P175


For the dessert, I tried their gelato. It's 95 pesos per scoop, and obviously I only took one scoop. They also have other flavors like Strawberry, Dark chocolate, Salted caramel, Bailey's, Avocado, and more. What I ordered is Avocado. 

Avocado gelato P95

It's very creamy and I enjoyed it so much because it  actually tasted like Avocado. So yummy. I'm looking forward to try their other flavors on my next visit.


I already dined there twice, and frankly it never disappointed me. It gave me a meal beyond what I expected.

There's nothing wrong with trying something new...

Well, who knows? You might discover something that you'll love.






By: Jasmine M. Habulan


No comments:

Post a Comment