Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It’s like I was a kid again: MC Fair 2014 #BeBrave

“Have regular hours for work and play;
 make each day both useful and pleasant, 
and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. 
Then youth will bring few regrets, 
and life will become a beautiful success.” 

It was my first time inside the Miriam College. I, together with my classmate, was invited by my former tutees to visit them in MC for their annual lower and middle school fair. The fair was entitled #BeBrave: Students in Service, Leaders in Action, and was held last November 28 and 29, 2014 at the MC Lower and Middle School Fair Grounds.



As soon as we stepped in the gates of the fair ground, we were amazed at the number of food stalls and bazaars present. Different kinds of food and snacks were available for the kids to munch on. Also, a lot of cute stuff were put on sale.

Moreover, different kinds of booths were prepared by the different lower and middle school classes. One of my former tutee’s class, Sam, who is currently in lower school, prepared a game booth wherein you can play board games and win prizes. On the other hand, my other tutee’s class, Tammy, who is currently in middle school, prepared a game booth wherein you can play games in different levels and can win prizes if you reach the highest level.














Aside from my tutees’ booths, one of the booths that I really enjoyed was the CUPCAKE GAMES. With just 50 chits/50 pesos, you can decorate your own cupcake. It’s really fun decorating the cupcakes using the icing, sprinkles and marshmallows. But of course, eating them was the most fun part! Yum! 








Then there’s this scary booth, but unfortunately, we didn’t try it even though it’s just worth 20 chits. Alongside with the horror room, you will see a pathway the leads to the “go-cart” area wherein you can rent a go-cart for just 20 or 50 chits I guess, depending on the length of rent time.




Everything in the fair was so colourful, creative and alive. Everyone’s been bursting out with vibrant energy. But there’s this one group of people whom I wish would be drained out of their energies – the jail booth people. Funny it may be for me to wish them zero energy but they are the ones who are catching anyone they see and put them in the jail booth. The bail may be just 20 chits, but I don’t want to be chased by a kid trying to catch me and end up inside one of their jail booths. But I would say that it is really funny watching kids running around and catching other kids.

We spent the rest of our time going around the fair grounds. We went to visit the field and listened to the middle school band who played some of Paramore’s songs, which I personally enjoyed! Also, on the right side of the stage stood a high wall climbing activity booth. I wanted to try it but unfortunately, the walls and stones were dirty because of the little rain and I didn’t bring any extra clothes so, yeah. 





After roaming around the fair ground with food in our hands, we then decided to try the glitter painting. It was so cute because you can choose any of their available designs and put it in any part of your body. Three of us tried this, and it took longer than we expected, but the results were pretty much glittery!

We ended our tour by having a one last look at the bazaars and buying more food for us to eat on our way home.

It was really fun and refreshing. This may be a tiring day, but this very day made me realized that it is not bad to have a little time to let out the little child in you every once in a while. I’m really looking forward for the fair next year. I’ll definitely be visiting MC again, because today, it’s like I was a kid again J


No comments:

Post a Comment