Friday, December 5, 2014

T E A * R O C K



Have you explored up town center? Have you tried all it currently has to offer? If not, then you should try Tea Rock Cafe! If you’re wondering why you haven’t seen Tea Rock in Up town center, it’s because Tea Rock is located at the far left side, near Torch. It’s really hard to see of you don’t take the time to explore UP town center.

Tea Rock Café is a little like infinite, but it has noodles, Taiwanese noodles to be exact! I first came across Tea Rock when I was looking for a new place to eat, besides Ko’s, and I ended up exploring the whole UPTC. I decided to try Tea Rock because I was a bit thirsty and hungry.

I ordered Carbonara with fish fillet. I know, it’s not Taiwanese but I wanted to try their carbonara because it looked so appetizing in the pictures. The sauce was really creamy and rich, the noodles were just hard enough, not too soggy, and the chicken was excellent. I really enjoyed dipping the fish fillet in the sauce because it was really creamy and they tasted so good together.

Carbonara with fish fillet, P160


I also ordered Tainan Dan Tsu noodle soup, and I have no doubts that this noodle dish is indeed Taiwanese. It was full of vegetables, meat, and noodles, and it even came with an egg! The soup tasted unique. I can’t really find any words to describe its unique taste, but I really enjoyed sipping the soup. The noodles were thicker than the Carbonara’s but it went well with the soup.

Tainan Dan Tsu noodle soup, P140


I had a really hard time choosing what drinks to order because there were so many to choose from! I ended up ordering Taro Sasa Red Bean milk tea with egg pudding. I ordered it because I was interested to know what Sasa was. During, and even after drinking it, I never found out what sasa was, but it tasted really good. I liked how the red bean tasted with the taro milk tea, and I will most definitely order this again!

Taro Sasa red bean w/ egg pudding, P100



I also ordered Cheese and Sea Salt Matcha with ice cream. It tasted a bit too bitter for me, but the ice cream made up for the bitterness of the matcha. If you like matcha, I’m sure you would enjoy this drink, so give it a try!

Cheese and Sea Salt Matcha w/ ice cream, P125




By Jasmine M. Habulan


No comments:

Post a Comment