Monday, December 8, 2014

Sukimoko? Definitely yes!

You know those moments when you and your friends decide to eat dinner together yet you can't decide on a place? It was one of these moments that led us to this building next to National Bookstore along Katipunan Avenue. The building is home to different kinds of restaurants but the one that really got our attention is the "food court" they have on the second floor of the building.

It was the typical type of foodcourt. It had tables and chairs and around it, you have these food stalls. The food court has four functional stalls: there is a stall which serves a Korean snack called hoddeok and waffles, there is also Magnolia stall serving icecream, banana splits, sundaes and milkshakes, Quickly, and of course, Sukimoko, which serves Japanese cuisine. I don't know if it was on purpose but the name seems like a witty wordplay.


So it was my friend who ordered first, asking for a Beef Gyudon, and the thing that caught my attention is that they have their kitchen just right next to their cash register, and it is an open kitchen so if you want to see how your meal is prepared, you can pretty much stand just at the side and watch. The beef gyudon costs P85 pesos and it was pretty much okay considering the price.


My other friend ordered their pork katsudon which is also P85. It had a pretty decent plating, compared to the beef gyudon. She partnered it with a P40 iced coffee and I swear it was one of the best iced coffee I have ever tasted, which I totally didn't expect from Sukimoko.


I, on the other hand, ordered from their Japanese Bento selection, asking for the Beef Tapa Teriyaki for just P85. The meal comes with a side dish of stirfried mixed vegetables which complimented the meat perfectly. Out of all the dishes that night I was happiest with the meal I ordered.


We also ordered a side of Tofu Salad for P75, so if you're vegan, they also got you covered.


The thing that I really like about Sukimoko is their unlimited iced coffee promo for only P80. As I've mentioned before, they have really good iced coffee and I was really excited when they offered the unlimited iced coffee promo. I had around 4 servings (and ended up pretty hyper throughout the night).




We also ordered the ice cream waffle sandwich and a sundae from the other stalls in the food court.

Looking at the prices in their menu, Sukimoko seems very affordable. So if you are into Japanese cuisine, but you're on a budget, you might want to pay a visit to Sukimoko. It is right next to National Bookstore. If you visit on a Friday night, you might even catch me and my friends there.

PS. Another food stall is opening soon, which serves Korean dishes, so be sure to check that out as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment