Thursday, December 11, 2014

My first ever trip ABROAD!

I was so excited to know that I'll be joining my parents to visit my sister in Brunei Darussalam where she works. It was my first time to travel abroad! At the same time I can finally see my sister again for about one year. We landed at Miri International Airport, Singapore and crossed Brunei via car. I was very excited ta have my passport stamped not once but more. :D 

Unfortunately, I am not that fond of taking pictures at all time but I can share some. 

Here is the famous One Billionth Barrel Monument located in Seria, Brunei.  (Powered by Shell) Behind it is already the beach but waves are huge that gives off refreshing wind. 




Since my sister stays at Kuala Belait, which is 2-hours away from the capital Bandar Seri Begawan, we stayed in Mangrove Paradise Resort (located in Bandar Seri Begawan) for one night. It is a floating resort that sustains the plantation of mangrove in the area. Also it caters the view of some part of Floating Village in the area.



Our next stop is at Tasek Lama Recreational Park. On the side of the parking are, there were lots of monkeys walking and playing. It was funny when one of the monkeys became mad at my sister without any reason. :D We came there around 7 am and there were lots of people, specifically people who maintain their fitness. Along the walkway were different exercise equipment that anyone can use. At the end of the trail is a huge waterfall that gives off a kind of relief (because it is an uphill trail, and reaching the waterfall is the peak). 


My mother and I tried the 'foot massage' area. Although, for me it was painful and not suited for massaging my feet. 
Waterfall at the end of the trail.
Yes! On our backs is the Palace of the Sultan of Brunei Darussalam. We just parked the car on this for about 2 minutes just to take picture up this close. Luckily, we were not chased away. 



Behind us is the palace of the Prince of Brunei. We were able to get this close because of the lady in blue works in there. Still, the guards are stopping us but we managed to get some pictures. 


That basically summed up my tour in Brunei Darussalam. The other places that we visited are The Mall which is the largest shopping establishment in the country. 
In my stay there, I was a bit culture shocked because I rarely see people walking. Most of them have cars that they use to go around. Unlike in our country, where wherever you look, you can see people walking. It was relaxing place where you would rarely hear any disturbing noise but the sound of the sea waves. It was just then, when I realized that our country is a lively one. 
Travelling into a different country gave more reason to travel further and explore diverse culture and people. Truly my first trip abroad was worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment