Thursday, December 4, 2014

Part II. Where In Manila?

Going back to our Manila tour, like what I have said in my first blog entry which is the "Part I. Where In Manila?" we are also assigned to go to different malls that have an art gallery. And what's fun for me about this part of Manila tour was that I've never visit anyone of them before, so it was a 'first time' for me. But going to these malls are really not that hard all you need to do is ride MRT then take note of your main stops which are Ortigas Station, Guadalupe Station and Ayala Station. Well then if you are an art lover and shopaholic at the same time SM Megamall, SM Aura and Greenbelt could be some of the best hangout place for you!

First stop, SM Megamall which is just a walking distance from Ortigas Station. Art galleries can be seen in 4th floor, Mega A and Mega B. Here are the top 3 of my favorite art galleries in the mall.

First, the Art Center and here are some of the artworks that I have seen...





Second, the Art Asia which if I'm not mistaken sell their beautiful and fine artworks...






Third, the Contreras which has amazing kinds of wood works...





This next gallery's artworks theme seems like more about the Filipino culture and they do have a unique style of their artworks...








After visiting all the art galleries in SM Megamall, I go next to SM Aura, there's only one art gallery I found, the Art Elements Asian Gallery and unfortunately I wasn't able to take photos of the artworks because it was strictly prohibited.

Even though I was just able to visit one art gallery in SM Aura I could still say that being there was worth it, the mall is beautiful inside and out I could consider it as a high-class mall.

And for my last stop I went to Greenbelt which also seems like a high-class mall due to the famous boutiques that can be seen there containing expensive products. 

I was able to find one art gallery and the Ayala Museum which contains artworks but they also implement the 'no photos should be taken' policy.




So if by any chance you drop by in any of these malls don't miss to visit the art galleries and take your time to appreciate the artworks that you will see! :)

P.S. This tour was taken over a year ago so there might be a chance that some of the artworks are not anymore displayed or available in their respective art galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment