Monday, December 8, 2014

Tour 182 OCLA at Morong, Bataan

Asian Institute of Tourism Bus


Last November 8-9, I joined the OCLA of the Tour 182 class ,which I was not really a part of, under Sir Legaspi. I joined the OCLA because of two reasons -- because my friends were part of the said class and that trip would be our last OCLA together as an undergrad.




Our main destination was Coral View Beach Resort in Morong, Bataan. But before heading there, we dropped by the Pawikan Conservation Center first. It took us a four-hour bus ride -- including the breakfast and buko stopovers and also the random in-the-middle-of-the-highway stops because of some bus problems. I somehow expected more on the first destination; but when we arrived, what welcomed us are the on-going renovation of the center and just two species of pawikans in a very small pond. I thought I would be seeing many different species and somehow large number of pawikans. But later on during the orientation/lecture, it was explained to us that it is prohibited by the law to hold a pawikan in captivity and the reason why the two species are there is because they have abnormalities, thus, they have to be taken care of.



As for the main destination, the moment we arrived and entered our respective rooms, I can already say that my expectations regarding the physical appearance of the resort has already been exceeded. To be honest, I was not expecting anything grand at the resort because, my friends, who searched for reviews about the resort, told me that most, if not all, of the comments they read were negative. But upon arriving, I saw how beautiful the resort was. They offered lots of team-building activities and have a hotel-like accommodation -- the best and most comfortable lodging facilities in all of my OCLAs, except for the hotel immersion of course. I also find the thought bubbles with funny/sweet captions/"thoughts" scattered around the area as very witty and is unique to the resort.


There is a total of three swimming pools within the resort, one of which is a salt water pool. The food wasn't as good as I have expected.
Since Bataan is facing the west, sunset is perfect!




To cap off the night, a bonfire was lit. Almost everyone gathered around the bonfire and shared stories.



Salt water pool

Here are some of the cute thought bubbles. Yes! Kami na.. Hehehe



Here's a video summary of our OCLA :)


No comments:

Post a Comment