Monday, December 8, 2014

Soi: Eat Thai, Love Thai



Sashimi, sushi, ramen, hakaw, lemon chicken, ah, this list is making me hungry. I am a big fan of Chinese and Japanese cuisine. As I grew older, this tummy of mine craved to taste more from different countries and being the girl with a huge appetite, I gladly wanted to comply. Last Sunday, the family decided to eat at Soi: Eat Thai, Love Thai. I know I said I wanted to try new cuisines, but boy, I was really hesitant in trying this one out. I had this notion that Thai food are spicy and my mouth doesn't really feast on spicy food. But since majority of the group wanted to give it a try, I was left with no choice. I just thought that hey, at least they had really nice lights.   


See what I mean? Pretty aren't they? 

Now I'm not really sure if they served authentic Thai food and if ever they say they do, I wouldn't really know right? Hahaha! I found on their menu a very interesting trivia: Thailand boasts of its healthy line of food as they are made with a basket of treats like kaffir lime, cilantro, lemon grass, lime, basil, tamarind, palm sugar and coconut.

Soi offers very affordable food ranging from 150-300 per meal.

Prawn Cakes (Php 260)

Chicken Pandan (Php 248)

Eggplant in yellow beans with tofu (Php 158) - my favorite from all the dishes! This is really odd since I favor meats over veggies but it had a sweet taste that made me eat it all up! 

Padthai (Php 198)

Fish fillet (Php 238)

Chicken Pandan (Php 248)

Salted Egg fried rice (Php 158)

Chicken Satay (Php 238) - This was really good too!



Food wise, this restaurant made me develop a liking for Thai cuisine. Service wise, I just like to point out that they are understaffed that is why they were not able to easily accommodate the customers' simple demands like request for water as well as proper handling of guests in waiting.  Not much of a problem, but there is always room for improvement right? If you're just in for the food and its affordability, well I give it a two thumbs up!   

Address:  SOI Glorietta 2/F Glorietta 2


No comments:

Post a Comment