Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Part III. Where in Manila?

Going back to Manila... it's time for me to talk about my experience when I went to National Museum, and again it's also one of my 'first time'. And since it was my first time I don't have any idea that it has different buildings I thought the one you can easily see inside the Rizal Park is the National Museum but apparently they are not just in one building.

I went first in Museum of the Filipino People here I was able to see the beautiful collections that we have and also had the chance to look back at the great history of our country.
The museum is compose of different divisions which are Anthropology, Botany, Geology, and Archaeology. Also collections regarding Ethnography and Natural History can be seen inside the museum.

In Archaeology Division...





Collections related to Natural History:
In Botany Division...







In Zoology Division...










In Geology Division...




Collections related to Ethnography/Anthropology:
                                     




I also passed by a room that has valuable information regarding Baybayin...



And  favorite part in this Manila tour was having the chance to see personally one of the famous cultural treasure we have, which is none other than the exquisite Manunggul Jar.
 

After that tour in Museum of the Filipino People, I was really wondering why I hadn't passed by any paintings especially the Spolarium. That's when I try to do some research and found out that it was located in another building. So I went back to Manila just to be able to see the arts that is housed in National Art Gallery.


So these are the highlights in my tour inside the gallery:

1. Religious art (santos) which are so much old because they already exist since 17th to the 19th centuries.





2. Paintings of Fernando Amorsolo which focus on rural landscapes and scenes.






3.The huge and famous painting of Juan Luna, the Spolarium.



4. The Old Senate Session Hall






5. My favorite painting! The mysterious Parisian Life by Juan Luna.


Just a friendly reminder, the best day to visit National Museum is during Sundays, because every Sunday is free admission! :)

Source:
www.nationalmuseum.gov.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment